Develop Your Creative Vision is a 7-day photography workshop encouraging you to approach your image making in a contemplative way with two professional photographers to guide you. This workshop will:
- challenge you to explore various photographic styles to assist you in choosing your unique visual path.
- emphasize moving from documentary to artistic expression.
- review, strengthen and solidify your understanding of visual design and creative techniques.
- provide direct instruction in a group setting as well as in-the-field, individual guidance. Together, we will strengthen our ability to see with ‘photographic eyes’.
- offer inspiration and techniques to help you create story-telling images, as a single image and as a series.
Features of the Photography Workshop
- A series of instructional lectures, illustrated by the work and experiences of Chris and Dennis.
- Daily assignments and review sessions, where leaders and participants freely discuss images from a technical and creative perspective.
- Opportunities for individual shooting, processing and reflection balanced by time in our photographic community, with common meals and activities.
- Various projects are worked on and presented throughout the week.
- We will take advantage of the incredibly rich photographic opportunities at Tallheo as well as venture out to our surroundings and explore virgin rain forest, waterfalls and the town of Bella Coola.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for any photographer with a passion to develop their photographic vision, increase their knowledge of effective image design and a willingness to work hard at improving their craft. Our goal is to give you the tools and understanding to help you develop as a photographic artist. Beginners and advanced photographers are welcome, although basic camera operation is assumed. Our schedule will allow for considerable one-to-one instruction.
The workshop is limited to a maximum of ten participants to allow for plenty of time for personalized instruction. After prospective participants have registered, they will be asked to complete a confidential online questionnaire, to allow us to be well prepared for their needs.
What to Bring
After registration, a detailed list will be provided. The basics include:
- a laptop computer for daily processing of images
- camera body, preferably with multiple exposure capability.
- recommended lenses include wide angle, mid range and telephoto zooms. Specialty lenses such as fisheye and macro are useful.
The Dates / Fees
The workshop will be held:
June 19th – 26th, 2018 Sorry, the workshop is full.
To be added to a wait list or be listed for future workshop notifications, click here.
The fee for the workshop is $2695 CAD plus taxes. This includes everything except travel to Bella Coola and alcoholic beverages.